Monday, September 26, 2011

Meadham Kirchoff SS12


AWOL for over a week! I've been properly settling into my new house in Manchester and I do very sincerely apologise for the absence. Please find as compensation (while I finish getting through Uncle Tom's Cabin at my typical s-n-a-i-l-s pace) some phone pictures from the Meadham Kirchoff last Tuesday. The show really was incredible, it felt like the visual equivalent of receiving the warmest, tightest hug imaginable and having someone lovingly dust a little icing powder into your head for good measure. Young ballerinas, a troupe of Courtney Love can-can dancers, an old railway platform filled with candy coloured balloons and streamers and a Spice Girls soundtrack left a room full of regular (and often unflappable) show attendees completely weak at the knees and grinning like lovestruck softees. I was so glad to leave London on such a high after that show feeling like I'd been part of something really special. One of my favourite moments was seeing the ballerinas rush backstage after their performance and watching them excitably hugging and jumping up and down behind the screens and out of sight, having their own sugary adrenaline rush.

No comments: