Monday, August 13, 2007

Sophistication in the City


This week seems to have been full of city chic, no? LA homegirls Nicole and Mischa both hung out in NYC and showed off mature looks...

In my opinion, Mischa Barton's tresses have been overdue a makeover for a long time. (don't even get me started on her career. "Finding TaTu?!" Oh dear..) The blonde "Marrisa" look was getting rather old, and I'm so glad thats she's returned to the darker colour that suited her so much, when she showed it off last year.

This picture, of Mischa in NYC last week shows her looking much more mature and self confident. I'm usually not a fan of the maxi dress, but the colour compliments her new hair so well, and the pansy pattern is very persuasive...
She also looked fantastic at the Billy Joel gig on sunday night, in a simple yet very flattering combo of skinny jeans and a patterned vest, somebody obviously gave her some hints about this.

I won't even go onto the Olsens, because everyone will have seen the pictures, and it's not really news that they dress well. Didn't Ashley look great though? She's definitely my favourite twin style-wise at the moment.


As ever, Nicole is very much in the eye of the public at the moment. It's amazing what a pregnancy and DUI charges all at once can do for you. And you thought you were clever, Lindsay! The girl's obviously got her lollypop head screwed on, because she's been looking very classssayyy recently-and she's doing monochrome in the way that it should be worn. Not a Victoria Beckham-esque way in sight. From her court appearances to TV interviews, Nicole has been dressed to impress, and I'm enjoying seeing less of those bandanas and colours.
She always looks great, but I think she's really found a look to truly work for her, and the Chanel sunglasses don't hurt either..

9 comments:

Marissa O said...

i agree on mischa's new hair. i also like nicole's hair braided like that, it looks cute.

Kat said...

Nicole is looking amazing lately, so sophisticated and polished. Thank god, she's dumped the Maxi dresses, not a fan of them either.

Mischa looks gorgeous in the first picture. She always looks so relaxed and natural. My latest post is about Mischa, have a peak!
I'm not obsessed with her style on the whole but I do love the dresses she wears.
x x x

Ella Gregory said...

i am in love with nicole, i was going to do yet another post on her but i think i have done to many
i just really like her though, and im so happy for her, i hope she stays looking healthier and is a good mama.
i think people were too hard on her for being thin, angelina jolie and kate bosworth have been that thin too and didnt recieve as much slatting for it.
and i think i like mischa better blonde to be honest, although im loving the cut of her hair, i think she should go for a bob haircut maybe
and ashley is my favourite twin at the moment too, shes being very daring i think
wow long comment, your posts just inspire me so! hehehe

Unknown said...

I agree with every little thing you said from mischa, to the olsens to nicole. I love the way she looks in that outfit! And I was already getting very disappointed with Mischa's outfit choices, but I really like her new look. ;)
Your posts are great as always!!

Anonymous said...

hello! merci pour ton message sur mon blog, c'est trés mignon! et super gentil de ta part.
Et ne t'inquiètes pas, tu parles bien français!

& i completely agree with coco, your blog is so inspiring...
(and i m dying for the mary jane flats of Nicole)

stella & moi

Bojana said...

Wow; Mischa looks so much better now. I didn't get the whole old fugly hippy phase

Emily said...

i love mischas new hair!

SKYLA said...

i actually preferred Mischa's hair before, but I still love her and her style! Nicole looks amazing in that oufit with her hair back! x
Please visit my blog...
www.lets-cut-to-the-chase.blogspot.com

Annie said...

I love nicole's braided hair! its very unique and cool....reminds me of how i used to braid my hair when i was little..haha