Thursday, September 25, 2008

falls on the run way at prada, a wee case of schadenfreude make

another fashion week, another fall (or few..) on the runway.
this time it was the models at Prada who made us sigh "eesh kabeesh" as they teetered and stumbled down the runway in skyhigh snakeskin heels.

I should imagine that Stam is regularly haunted by flashbacks of that astoundinly awful (yet none the less schadenfredue enducing..) fall at Chloe back in 2006. I know I have reoccuring nightmares that involve that headsmacking on the floor. So look at the sheer determination on her face below at Prada's show. "Not again, not bloody well again.." are the thoughts racing around her head, me thinks.

I do geniunely feel sorry for these girls, talk about embarrasment.. but there is no doubt that it adds a little fun to the shows; the shoes are so ridiculous at times that it is indeed laughable..


pics fashionologie

17 comments:

WendyB said...

I think it's pretty damn ridiculous that a woman designer is putting women in shoes they can't walk in. I always try on my jewelry to make sure it's comfortable and if it's not, I fix the design.

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

i'll tell you right now, i won't be running out to the store to purchase these sky-high heels!

Bojana said...

Poor girls, really... Especially Stam, she's history now.

But it is, still, fun... I mean, even they aren't perfect! So it makes it equal between supermodels and mere mortals. Haha

Loveee

Irene (capuccinobar) said...

I understand them perfectly (well you know..:P), the shoes were awful.

Anonymous said...

ouch! but funny nevertheless

Hannah Swanwick Illustration said...

I feel bad for them. Although, they do have a job that most girls and women would love to have, so I guess that it just one of the low points of modelling.

Anonymous said...

loving the commentary on the pictures! but mainly just loving this post cos 'schadenfreude' is possibly my favourite word ever and i use it at every possible opportunity.

Smaggle said...

Oh thats just awkward. I hate when stuff like that happens I feel so bad for the models.

whole in. said...

i always feel bad for models when it
happens but on the other hand its quite funny.

A La Mode said...

Oh poor girl! You have to laugh at these things though, everyone loves a dorky model!

Coco Crush said...

Models are more human than we might think sometimes ;).
Prada shoes are art pieces on it self and not always make for walking (like the boots ;)) so I can imagine that these models have a hard time to walk on them.

Charlotte said...

There is something wrong here, as high heels should make the woman feel sexy, glamurous and stylish and all that. And the only thing I can see here is these poor girls walking line a dumb! Designers should think about this!

Miss at la Playa said...

miuccia can't be surprised, I mean, those were killer shoes!

Daphné said...

Poor girls, really...they must feel so embarassed!But those falls do add a little fun to the shows I must admit!

Anna Pope said...

I feel so sorry for those girls, especially Stam. Although I still think that her fall was the best thing about that Chloe show :))

Anonymous said...

models falling always makes me laugh... and then i feel guilty haha

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.