Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Shady Pines

Hosted by ImageHost.org Hosted by ImageHost.org
Hosted by ImageHost.org Hosted by ImageHost.org
 Hosted by ImageHost.org
Hosted by ImageHost.org

Found this brilliant editorial with Stella Tennant from US Harpers Bazaar, April 1999.
I love Tennant's simple hair (while I'm painstakingly growing my fringe out again and returning to my centre parting this makes me think it's worth the effort) the mid-length day coats, hum-drum window leaning boredom and her bucket hat. Still not able to let go of the 'gone fishing' headgear look..
Note also the copy underneath the images ('every woman should experience the mysterious allure of a mac') and the 'the quickest route to looking chic is to keep it really simple' if ever there is a style philosophy to follow, I'd say that's it right there.

Images from The Fashion Spot.

16 comments:

Hannah said...

these are lovely photos and such a great philosophy too. i own a vintage burberry mac which is heavenly and less is definitely more when it comes to chic =)


Hannah xx

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous photos. Love the muted colours x

Kat said...

Just saw on you sidebar thing, that you're watching Downton Abbey...awesome, no?!

Courtney said...

The muted colors in the first two are lovely.

MrJeffery said...

really beautiful, emotional photos.

Unknown said...

I remember being such a fan of the Tennant and the Harlow in the late 90's. These pics are amazing !

See U !

María said...

We should thank Philo for putting this look back on trend.

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Luscious. She is one of my favourite models and I had never seen this shoot before, so thank you :)

Jessica Jane said...

the 1990s <3


http://darlingvincent.blogspot.com

margarita ts said...

amazing photos!

MargieF said...

i like the majority of these photos she looks gorgeous. but the one of her sitting down in trousers and man sandals. offensive to my eyes!
margief
x
www.margieheartsclothes.blogspot.com

J.J. said...

so chic, so daring, so bonerific.

Emma said...

I was just looking at this editorial lastnight on TFS.
so coool.

Reena Rai said...

Lovely, moody images. Stella looks fab. I'm also experiencing fringe growing pains, a quiff and hairspray have now become my best friend!

J Koes said...

this is the dreamiest set of photos i've seen in ages. thank you so much for posting this!

Mer said...

amazing find! Great colours