Thursday, January 13, 2011

style notes for the guys

Calypso jumper (via through a glass darkly) / Damon Albarn in a Nike hoodie/ George Clooney's shirt in 'One Fine Day'/ Charles Bukowski/ Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water/ Burberry shirt/ swimming man/ Woody Harrelson/ Clementines (I've lost count of how many I've eaten over the past two months..)

And this camp spectacle of a performance by The Rubettes. I love how much energy they have and how mismatched it is against the crowd's obligatory steady clapping. If I ever end up getting married, or just throwing a huge birthday party I may find a tribute act to recreate this just for the hilarity. But first need to sort out George Michael singing Careless Whisper to me on a table for my 21st. I like the idea of an awkward intimate performance for each milestone birthday..

7 comments:

Rosie Savage said...

This is one of my favourite posts of yours: it's so refreshing to see stylish men and tips in the blogging world.
That house looks like my ultimate home! Wonderful,

Rosie x

Tabitha said...

excellent post, top marks for One Fine Day reference, Burberry shirt and Frank Lloyd Wright...

Charlotte said...

Ah, I love the clothes for the men, especially the jumper. I love it when you see a really well-dressed man x

MrJeffery said...

i love this thank you! lol @ george clooney's shirt in 'one fine day.'

Anonymous said...

Oh I remember seeing that film and thinking how much I loved the George Clooney's shirt :)

The Calypso jumper looks really warm and comfy, and love the picture of Bukowski (L) and Damon Albarn. I think my boyfriend could learn a bit form these notes haha. He dress pretty well, but more in an Alex Kapranos' way ;)

Oh and love the song of Rufus you posted on facebook.

kisses

Tala said...

love it !! now, if only the guys listened to us ... :)

House of Leaves said...

Um, yes! This needs to be on the front page of the paper. Every paper! BTW I love your blog. I also love Manchester (I dated a Manc for 3.5 years!) But my current boyfriend does bear an awesome resemblance to Damon Albarn, so no complaints here. :)