Tuesday, February 22, 2011

bananas



Sadly where Prada-related accessory inspiration is concerned, donning a real banana won't do. Unless you're down with brown bananay mash. Which I don't think any of us are. There are only so many 'oh for gods sake' moments you can take-when your hand meets the oozy fruit which has squelched its way around the contents in the bottom of your handbag. But I digress. This is mainly one big excuse for me to coo over the Tatty Devine bananay 'homage' (ahem) and to, dare I?, admit that I actually prefer it to the Prada versions purely for the fact it's in brooch form and (as far as I know..) Miuccia didn't dabble in that department. Ah but Tatty Divine you really know how to put the kibosh on my happiness.. £45 you say? That's almost a fortnight of food in my world. For, oh the irony, an inedible foodstuff smaller the size of my little finger. Try chowing down on that. I know Carrie Bradshaw gushed that sometimes she skipped dinner and bought Vogue instead because it 'fed her more' but I'd like to see that put into practice. You can grill the pages of Vogue with as much haloumi as you like, but that is still the most bullshit quote I'll heard under the rumbles of my empty belly. So, yes, better look from afar..

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha ha priceless, TD has always been expensive (even if I still think about this cinderella necklace)

see U !

Chuck said...

Ahaha, so agree - always found that rather grating. I know that there are some foods you can cook in newspaper (fish maybe?), I wonder if they would taste better cooked in Vogue? Presumably not given the glossy paper...

Cara said...

YES! At least I don't feel like I'm the only 'fashion' person on the internet who doesn't worship that quote (don't even get me started on the Kate Moss quote. she obvz never tasted nutella)

Anonymous said...

haha cute post!
totally agree with that bs bradshaw quote

cazz said...

You need to get yourself a banana keeper (a plastic case shaped like a banana)! Do they have them in the UK? I'm obsessed with mine!

Anonymous said...

I hope University isn't making you cynical!

Kimberley said...

I just laughed out loud in the silent study zone of my uni library reading your Bradshaw comment! Completely agree.

Anonymous said...

was going to comment the same as cazz above- you can get a banana shape case thing which keeps your banana unharmed in your bag. one down side: looks a bit like a dildo.