Saturday, March 23, 2013

Hot Stuff


Jumper: Uniqlo, Dress: secondhand, Bumbag: Mr Ben Handbag + Luggage, Clogs: Topshop, Neon Nail Varnish: American Apparel.

I wore this a couple of nights ago for a fantastic night of dancing and blowing off some post-essay steam. There has been an increasing trend in Manchester (and I'm sure many other UK cities) of clubs advertising nights as playing Disco and Boogie when in fact all they do is play Deep House for half an hour and then the night descends into a tedious beat from midnight with a room of people pretending thats what they're really into. It's not what I'm into. I don't understand why there has to be ambiguity about clubs advertising a certain genre of music which they have no intention of playing just to tap into some retro nostalgia. The point is, I like dancing to Disco and I get bummed out when promises are broken. The beauty of Thursday night however was that it was disco and boogie and soul and perfect merriment free of House music pretension. Just good old lashings of Donna Summer and Kool and The Gang and lots of rosy cheeks and wide smiles and a mirrorball  So anyone in the Manchester area, I urge you to keep your eyes peeled for Stevie Wonderland. (My own enjoyment of the night had absolutely nothing may have had something to do with it being my namesake.)

In other news I've sacked off being a blonde and returned to the reddish shade I had a few years ago and it feels good. 

Lastly, here are two videos for your Saturday viewing pleasure:
( I recommend them thoroughly and personally can't stop myself from watching Sunset Sam and Lucy and Ramona hanging out in their rollerskates and tight pants.)


5 comments:

Charlotte Isabelle x said...

Love your shoes! xxx

http://charlibellex.blogspot.co.uk/

blue roses said...

honestly, i cannot find the words to express my sincere thanks for posting that "cruisin'" video, it is so beyond incredible i cannot even begin...

glad you found a true disco party; broken promises, with dance, with music, hurt.

Camille said...

I find it very frustrating too when clubs advertise a certain type of music but don't play it - I absolutely love to dance, but haven't gone out to do so in a very long time because of that. I find there's nothing more depressing than to try and dance to music you actually dislike, or that's undanceable if you like using proper dance moves that do not exclusively consist in shaking your hips and/or shoulders. Also, I was a big fan of the reddish brown on you, I'm looking forward to seeing it back!

Tala said...

awesome nail polish! is it yellow or green?

Robyn said...

I think the roadhouse usually keep their promises on their billings and as such will give this one a bash. I don't suppose you went to/heard about the Jazzy Jeff/Gorilla night on Tuesday?