Monday, March 11, 2013

moodboard

Hello, hello. It's Monday, the start of a new week already. How does it keep happening? I'm back from a weekend away in Snowdonia with a big group of friends for a birthday. We hired a big lodge beside Llyn Gwynant and after arriving in the dark, my weekend started with an astonishingly beautiful view of the lake as I opened the blinds, the steep slopes of Snowdon visible amongst fog. Picking my way through the bottles of wine from the night before and sharing a cup of Earl Grey and the view with some of the bleary eyed gang in a novel location was a great start to the weekend. Later we went on a walk which blew the cobwebs away and spent the afternoon playing cards and Jenga, a perfect antidote to the stresses of the final year of university and the slight uncertainty surrounding our futures which is something we're all experiencing at the moment. Now it is back to reality, but here are some of the cool things that have been pleasing me and punctuating my essay writing. 

Some cool things: (Clockwise from top left) This guy with a snake around this neck from the Spring Summer 2013 collections editorial in the March issue of Dazed and Confused. / Tom Waits, as ever. But particularly so in this photo. I've been listening to Nighthawks At The Diner a lot recently, particularly 'Better Off Without A Wife' for its celebration of the romance of singledom. ("Goin' out when I want to, comin' home when I please, I don't have to ask permission if want to go out fishing, and I never have to ask for the keys") / The fantastic Supreme x Comme des Garcons lookbook with Chloe Sevigny and Jason Dill. While the streets (at least in England) have become somewhat saturated with Supreme logos and similar knock-off streetwear odes, this lookbook still looks fresh. It's Chloe. It's always because of Chloe.. / Bay Garnett's instagram -her daughter's transfer tattoos and two badges reading 'lover' and fighter'/ Beautiful snapshots of the American outdoors by photographer Jocelyn Catterson via Miss Moss / A poster on a wall in my friend's house which reads "How to survive times of austerity.. loot the shops and paaarty!" Smashing sentiment!/ A Jenny Holzer truism- 'Raise Boys and Girls the same way."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ahhh, you inspired me to listen on Nighthawks at the Diner while studying - nothing like some witty Tom Waits to keep me going through past papers! x

SofĂ­a Premat said...

;)