Wednesday, December 23, 2009

advent season: day twenty two: admitting defeat



I think it's high time I admit that this years 'advent calendar' didn't quite go according to plan.
yes, working a stupid amount (topshop is exceedingly busy over christmas, don't you know) combined with bro daycare has taken it's toll and as a result all of those fabulous seasonal posts I had on my mind didn't quite come to fruition.

ever wish you had a hermione granger style multitasking machine? my to-do lists are never completed, no matter how hard I try! I know everybody is in the same boat, things get mad in the run up to christmas so this post is partly me talking aloud to myself and partly a reminder to all of you that people work themselves too hard these days. we can't do everything, so put some things on the backburner this christmas and give yourself a chance to really relax. properly relax-turn off the computer. sit, lie, think, clear your brain, stop stimulating it.
'ommmm'.
lecture over.

4 comments:

Mer said...

:-) I posted about the same. Relax, enjoy and like you say, stop multitasking!, that's why I'm telling myself these days...

happy holidays!

xxx

All Women Stalker said...

*sigh* tell me about it. haven't slept and still have boatloads to do.

-meream

Eloise said...

I love your blog, on the search for more uk based ones : )

lc said...

ahh yes so true. you just end up feeling generally stressed by how much you have to do, and how much you have to spend! loooove the blog xx