Sunday, February 18, 2007

Pop is my hot hot sex

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
In the words of Cansei de ser Sexy, "Music Pop is my hot hot sex"

The way I see it as that the generation of magazines that include Dazed and Confused, i-D, POP! and NYLON is like the modern day magazine version of the Bronte family! They're influential, eyecatching and well, very "family" feeling.

And although many of these glossies have been in circulation for as long as I've been alive, it seems to me that its only now that they're finally being recognised as the cooler, cheekier, more fun and more youthful alternative to the likes of Vogue, Harpers etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an avid reader of Vogue but I find it easy to become disillusioned by the fact that its a little unaccessable and seems to carry a policy of only featuring the richest and most privelaged women in their interviews. I can't imagine Alexandra Shulman or Wintour doing a shoot of Courtney Love nude or featuring an interview with Miss Piggy...

Praise POP!

EDIT: As regards the homemade moontage at the top, sorry about the bad quality...I'm working on it!

No comments: