Thursday, January 10, 2008

"Nice legs, what time do they open?"

After all that waiting.
Now let the bitching and disecting commence.

Victoria is here!
...here...she's right here...her- wait, where is she?

Victoria, we're ready for you!?..

Mr Jacobs is most certainly on a roll, and I think he, er, pulled it out of the bag (ouch!)

This is a wise, wise move. Or is it a bit too clever?

Not only is this good for Marc, but good for Victoria. She can finally prove to America that she has a sense of humour and win a little slither of us style snobs over, too by showing us that she can do "quirky" (That's quirky by her standards, naturally,)

You know what? I have a conspiracy theory to add to the mix. Just because I'm controverisal like that (...).

You ready? I think those are Marc's legs.

He and Victoria Beckham are about as orange as each other these days, and they look a little hairy don't you think. Although Mrs V's smudged tan is distinctive.

I just don't think I can imagine Victoria Beckham on her back with her legs wide open. Even if it meant starring in an ad campaign ("Like, I've wanted to do it ever since I was a little girl..")
EDIT:
Just in, are two more, a nice pre-weekend delight. Now, I'm thinking that he should have kepy on with the same idea of not seeing her face, just to keep everybody wanting (to know) more. And Victoria walking out of the giftbox? It just seems a little inconsistent with the first photograph. Maybe they will grow on me, but I'm not considering that my fantastic (!) conspiracy theory may have been shot to pieces. Damn.

21 comments:

Fashion Tidbits said...

that's definitely a pair of men's legs!

alluretone said...

haha i love you last comment on victoria. i actually quite like this one, i'm just waiting to see the other ones!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Ah! What a hat trick! Hmm, is Vicki B standing in as the veritable red herring? Is Ms.Becks aware of it? Will we ever know for certain?

Teresa said...

MARC IS GENIUS!

Andrea Martínez Maugard said...

I think that those are Marc legs too... They're to thick to be Victoria's legs haha

riz said...

This is an excellent and funny post Disco. I love your conspiracy theory! I buy it!!

Soul Tanggg said...

those are definately masculine legs!!!
haha and I love the title of this entry!

Are there other pictures of Victoria for Marc Jacobs?

WendyB said...

I hate the Marc ads! They always make me want to buy a lot of stuff...stuff designed by someone else!

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the subsequent images? I'm liking the set.... exactly what I expected when Marc announced he was going to use VB... you really could not have used her in ANY other context...

Héloïse J. said...

those are not victoria's legs! your conspiracy theory just makes perfect sense!! maybe the ads with victoria will just follow and they made this one cause we all had in mind victoria to be the next. in any case this ad is f****** clever :D

Mash said...

Those are Marc's legs definitely lol :)

María said...

Your theory for the first pic is hilarious. That can't be VB (you can't imagine how much I laughed when I read "and they look a little hairy don't you think").

PS,Seriously I really can't decide what is worst, the collecion or the ads.

Ella Gregory said...

I love Victoria and I think these are really funny

Elisabeth said...

Hmm, I like the leg/bag one (because it's funny, and also because I'd love it to be Marc).

I quite like the one where she is coming out of a bag, but the gift box one is a bit dull.

I think they could have played around a lot more with this theme.

Jennifer said...

the first pic is wonderful and i bet vb refused to do it. if that had been her, and the only ad they ran with her, it would have been wonderful. i would have (almost) respected them both.
those are most definitely not her legs - or i would shocked if they were.
if they're marc's, it's fine, but not as great as if they were vb's.

Miss at la Playa said...

i love them! so original and funny

molly said...

ahaha i actually kind of like these pictures

thank you, the picture is a self-portrait of a photographer named courtney brooke, she is incredible

i dont like the AM hanging out with agyness either...i too have always been impressed by the fact that they stayed down to earth, and wasnt all about the celebrity
it always get em in the end i suppose
how sad

Héloïse J. said...

oh! pitty.. i luved your 'fantsatic' conspiracy theory. :D

Mónica said...

I think those are not her legs, they are too wide to be hers, she is so thin! I am astonishing at this ad, how could he? my Godness! it's just horrible. If it would be for the ad, he wouldn't sell a thing. I don't have a wide knowledge in advertisement, but just enough to know that his name is too present, too obvious and too big, it's simply not working for me

Ana said...

i grudgingly like the one of her peering out of the bag.

emsie said...

my favourite is actually the one where you can't see her face.

although the peering out of the bag one is...growing on me.

x