Saturday, January 05, 2008

A Week of Wardrobes Through the Lens:
Best accessories of the week.


A belated HAPPY NEW YEAR to all! Christmas is officially over today, and sadly the tree and decorations must be taken down and it must be expected that normal life shall resume.


The 'slebs' however, have been very varied indeed this week, in the wardrobe department. With the likes of Fergie, the Aniston-Arquettes (!) and Bosworth all escaping the cool temperatures in favour of something a little warmer over the christmas period, and the faithfuls who stayed at home and battled against the winter climate (That's you, Keri Russell), a strange winter-summer hybrid wardrobe came into effect and that was before New Years outfits even came into the equation! Pheww.




And, finally, can you match the Spice Girl to her rightful shoe? A little lighthearted fun for the weekend! Sadly Mel B isn't participating, as her Uggs didn't really fit the bill.


NOTE: Exhibit C shoes are Giambattista Valli 'Victoria' shoes..



Reading through all your best and worst presents stories* stories was rather amusing (see comments at bottom of linked page), but pfft, you complainers, you got off lightly, surely! Though Miss at La Playa probably wins for a singing and dancing doll ("Um, thanks?")

* http://discothequeconfusion.blogspot.com/2007/12/week-of-wardrobes-through-lens-black-on.html


Things are tres tres hectic, as I'm sure is the case for many of you, with exams coming up next week, so I've been a little slow on blogging front, but looking forward to catching up on posts and comments.

23 comments:

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

Sienna, gwen and kate are looking amazing I've kept the pictures of these outfits in my inspiration folder cause they are so fab!

D is victoria
B is Baby spice
C is lily allen
and A is Ginger

I hope i'm right bahhh

Lana said...

Gwen looks hawt! And like Fergies ensemble too.

But what's with the whole moving away to warmer places thing. Nothing cozy-er then staying with your loved ones in a super cold city, drinking hot coco/tea and being lazy with thick socks and the heat turned up to very very high, at home! :P

Lana said...

Oh, I completely forgot to match the Spicy shoes :P (fun concept haha)

I think:
A: Posh
B: Ginger
C: Baby
D: Mel C

Style Spot said...

I absolutely adore Sienna's ensemble.. especially love the jacket !! And your post reminded me that I need to go buy some fabulous new shades to start 2008 with.

My Spice Girls guesses:

Victoria is D (It would be most obvious if Victoria was the one wearing the "Victoria" shoes, but you didn't fool me ;p)
Emma is C
Mel C is B
Geri is A

P.S. Did you get my e-mail?

xxx

Miss at la Playa said...

haha, it was my grandfather who gave me the dancing doll so I was like: "Um, I love it! Wow, and it dances!!"

Kate Bosworth looks lovely, as always :)

PS: in case you forgot, my link isn't working :) thanks again for adding me

Michelle said...

I love the big winter hats, sio cute!

As for Spice footwear (I'm probably completely wrong here)

VB: C
Emma: A
Mel C:B
Geri: D

riz said...

OmG, is Victoria wearing a headwrap/turban in that pic??!!!

A said...

love the sunglasses, if only my budget would stretch to fit the DVF price tag. sigh.

Mash said...

D is victoria
A is Ginger
B is Melanie C
C is Baby Spice

Aisha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aisha said...

Sienna and Gwen definitely got wayfarer are gone and they are using those cool sunglasses instead, nice choice of them.

I'll try to match the shoes:
Posh, has to be D =L ... A = ginger, C = baby spice, and then, B must be for the third one, i can't remember her name, the sporty one i think? Whatever.

Don't worry about not being able to blog that much, exams suck but can't be absent of an student's life =/ daaah. Lycky for me, I'm on vacations until the second week of March. Yay.

Love ♥

Andrea Martínez Maugard said...

I love Sienna's outfit, and all those sunglasses I wnat them!

hannah said...

i adore all those sunnies!

im not going to guess the shoes, cause i will just be wrong and then i will be very sad.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

ewww, seeing flipflops on xmas is a bit distrubing

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I KNOW I can't fit the Spice Girl to her shoes. I don't like the girls in flip flops and bikinis, but that might be warm-weather jealousy.

Unknown said...

i know!! i only have three exams but can you say damper on holiday fun? I decree my plan will start as soon as exams are over- cupcakes all round!

Good luck :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your exams!

Ella Gregory said...

D- Victoria, the only orange foot
C - Emma
B - Mel C, only one who would wear flats and trousers
A - Geri

I have been missing you so much! Where have you been?????? I was checking and checking for a new post. Never leave me hanging like that again! Hahaha
Happy New Year anyways!
Good luck with the exams.

Kat said...

Oooh fun! let me guess -
D is Victoria
C is Emma
B is Mel C
A is Geri

I can't wait to see what Sienna wears too, i love her red carpet style however i'm beginning to really worry that there will be no Golden Globes and other cermonies what with that writers strike. It's a joke, I mean we wait all year to see the dresses!

cotton candy said...

i am totally clueless to the spices' shoes so you must tell me the answers. =p

meanwhile love gwen, she always looks good and stylish.

molly said...

im guessing that the most painful looking ones are posh's!

Héloïse J. said...

things are tres tres hectic for me too :S this will unfortunately last for more than a month from now.. :(
kate's glasses are amazing! i want a new pair too- but i'm still waiting to see the SS08 's ones!

Mónica said...

I don't like the new Balenciaga ad, I can't really say why though. I think she does not look as good as she used to. I love Patrick D. in Versace!! I think he's one of the sexiest men in suit I've ever seen.