Sunday, July 13, 2008

eternal child


i'm aware that my posts of late may have read like an extended weather whinge, so although i'm british and really that's what we do (!) i decided to channel this disappointment into considering a summer/winter hybrid dressing strategy. amidst all of this sighing and huffing at the rain, there has been much wardrobe confusion, with my heart darting between lovely summer appropriate denim cut offs (wink, wink kirsty lee) and chunky knitwear ala topshop AW08.
for the moment i'm veering towards the later; which may explain my ears pricking up when I came across Eternal Child's Fall collection. Clearly it was going to be a winner with a name like Tea Party, appealing to the current (and long time) romantic tea and cake fantasy that fills not just our heads, but our ditzy print floral dresses too.

For me, the greatest pieces in the collection are the jumpers. Paired with bare legs or sheer camisoles and undergarment dresses, they seem ideal for the summer-autumn crossover; cool sunny evenings in september. Nineteen-forties with a twist, there are casual skirt suit combos, two tone cable knit cardigans as well as the oversize variety, synoymous with stella mccartney.
Turkish designer Gül Gürdamar graduated from St Martins in 2003, and refreshingly is back in Istanbul, where the brainwork goes into each Eternal Child collection. The brand is stocked internationally, and Tea Party will be available from september.

channelling your inner child, sans pigtail? perfecte!


20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really liking this collection! The forest green t-shirt dress is beautiful! I like the rose pattern that looks like a faux belt. =) And the purple top looks interesting.

Solia said...

These all have that vintage inspired feel. gives me hope i can thrift something like these if i look hard enough.

Anonymous said...

aah, sometimes there's nothing more comforting than naive dressing on a rainy day. you always hit the nail on the head! and now i want to do a post on childlike clothes...

Anonymous said...

ooo an interesting take on the teaparty, i love that one sleevless sweater-jumper, the two-tone biege/khaki one with the black stripe down the middle

Radhika said...

i love this collection, so whimsical and vintage

emsie said...

This is a beautiful collection. Love the whole vibe of it. I especially like the cardigans, which are great with the weather we're getting at the moment.

dw said...

that's so funny...i posted about eternal child on my blog about a week ago, and i felt strange talking about knitwear in july but i think it particularly caught my attention because of the awful london weather at the mo'...i just love the long cardigans and I am especially inspired by the colour palette. it's just so pretty!

http://everything-is-nonsense.blogspot.com/

Wendy said...

The model is just as gorgeous as the clothes!

Andrea Martínez Maugard said...

The green and the purple, love them!!!

Thu said...

from the top picture, my favorite is the second from the left. and please link me if possible. thanks!

bi-style said...

I like this collection it looks different and interesting!

Lana said...

Nice collection!

Ella Gregory said...

I love this collection, it is something I can really see being good for a mix and match look.
Like a clothing sweetie bowl.

And yeah I miss Kruger. I need new pictures!

Anonymous said...

love that hair

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I quite like these. But I will most definitely not be pulling them out until Fall/Winter.

Crystal said...

That green t-shirt dress must be mine! This collection excites me!

♥ANGST

edith said...

i love these! just what i wish i could wear, too bad its almost 90 outside

Anonymous said...

Lovely..reminds me of Je Suis Belle from Hungary...

N said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I want fall so badly... I am already so sick of summer... I absolutely love this collection