Wednesday, July 30, 2008

georgia on my mind

who knew?

ironically, whowhatweardaily often seem to be a little behind when it comes to their "girl of the moment" feature, with the likes of alice dellal and clemence poesy often being spotlighted months after they've trickled through the fashion blogs.

so when i saw that they had featured georgia may jagger, a few things sprung to mind.
in this order.

"umm, wasn't georgia may 12 a minute ago?"
"umm, her style is bloody amazing."
"umm, how did I not notice her?"

cue a loud tapping of the keyboard and steering in the direction of tfs, and i'm in love.

and i don't wish to get into the "but it's only because her dad is a rolling stone" debate, because i'm judging her style, not her credentials.

reasons to love georgia jagger:

she looks like abbey lee

she owns the raddest pair of aqua blue heels

she rocks the lace trend to a tee

this girl is living proof that you can wear red lipstick under the age of 20 without looking like you're dressing up.
that gap in her teeth.
she isn't annoying like lizzie (sorry)
she has that traina appeal, which will have us all in love.


gussh.

15 comments:

Alya said...

But she's a baby :/ I dont know, but I'm not really fond of really young girls dressing as grown ups..

A. said...

ahhh, i thought the exact same. surprise, surprise.

i had to think to myself is this really WWWD im looking at? (i have a serious love/hate relationship with that site)

i guess they can be good for some things, no?

i adore her. the yellow dress/turban/lace stockings combo is my favourite!

xxx

WendyB said...

I just can't get into "It" girls who are young enough to be my daughter and, who if they were my daughter, I'd be grounding for running around when they should be studying.Blowing your parents money on clothes and blow is getting kind of old, isn't it? Edie Sedgwick did it best, everyone else seems like a wannabe to me!

emsie said...

she does oooze this sense of coolness. amazing style.

this wheel's on fire said...

based on style alone, i love her!!

Anonymous said...

oo she does have funky style, i like it!

Anonymous said...

I agree with alya. Girls should stay girls. Too much growing up too fast (i.e. Miley Cyrus)

Wendy said...

I'm never up to date with the "it" girls. Thanks for introducing her!

Irene (capuccinobar) said...

I love the gap in her teeth!
hahaha :D!

THE DELIVERY managers. said...

I'm asking myself the same questions as you.

..... said...

her last look is just amazin !! lovin this !

discotheque confusion said...

I have to disagree, Wendyb.
I think that it must be difficult for famous offspring, of course they have financial security and amazing opportunities, but they're also always judged.

Just because young girls like Georgia Jagger have been pictured at premieres, it doesn't mean that it is all that they do. If normal girls her age were photographed and posted on the internet at every party they attended, they would surely get a similar rep as "just another party girl".

It doesn't help that there are offspring who manipulate their name (Paris, that's you..) and like you, I do tire of socialites and it girls who don't seem to be doing anything with there lives, but Georgia Jagger is only 16; she's still at school so it's not like she's partying and wasting her life away.

Everything is moderation..

I think it's an interesting topic, though.

Thoughts?

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I really like this feature too, my first response was "who is she?" followed by, "oooh, I want that dress."

WendyB said...

I'll believe she's NOT a party girl when I see it. The Jaggers don't have a record of raising clean-living hard workers. Consider the sex and drug antics of Jade and Lizzie. Of course, Georgia might be the exception to the rule -- everyone's their own person -- but 16-looking-30 and paparazzi shots are generally not the best indicator of a stable life to come. Maybe she'll be fine but the family environment is not in her favor. (BTW I've known lots of teenagers who wouldn't look like party girls if you photographed them every second of their life.)

Anna Pope said...

I really, really like her!