Saturday, October 31, 2009

pocket money

[IMG00404.jpg][IMG00406.jpg]

Today was payday and during the course of a stressful morning (essential errands impossible to finish and the sense of a ticking time bomb) with my lovely fresh pay check burning a whole in my pocket, I hit up Superdrug.

I felt a little like my 8 year old self, a wee jovial soul every pocket money day, though this time I opted for some shamelessly girly goodies. Rather than the pointless Pokemon cards or copious amounts of Woolworths pick n mix that way back when were the norm.

And so may I present you with my new dusty pink hair extensions (clip in, for realz, stupidly excited) and three nail polishes in 'twinkle shine', 'button moon' and uh, 'number 19'.

yessss.

back soon, off to play hopskotch outside and find somebody's hair to braid.

9 comments:

Disneyrollergirl.net said...

Ahhh, in my day it would have been a copy of Jackie and some Panini stickers plus a Miners frosted mauve lipstick.

Siru said...

Sounds like a happy day!

juliet xxx

Jazz Virtue said...

I love the shades you chose, I'm off to paint my nails now..and reminisce about Woolworths pick & mix!

lydia said...

haha, so cute! i love childhood joys.

Stephanie said...

The nail polish is too great. Love it.
xx

Stefanie said...

CLIP INS a la Giles! Genius.

she'll bartend your party said...

oh my gosh pick and mix is no more :( really.. the only option for me now is cineworld which is almost comically overpriced.

loove the colour names haha i still have a million glittery pink/sparkly lilac no.17 nail varnishes from year 7.. its funny some of them are back in fashion almost?

Smaggle said...

I did the exact same thing yesterday! I had all this money and only the supermarket was open so I bought a whole lot of hair and nail polish. Talk about compulsive shopping...

A. said...

oh how lovely! i did the same the other day; bought myself a nice warm pair of wooly socks for the winter & a bottle of inky blue nail varnish, even though my purse is empty, there's nothing like the feeling of splurging on the little things.

X