Wednesday, February 17, 2010

marc by marc jacobs AW10

[marc+by+marc+jacobs+AW10.jpg]

Until further notice I'm sticking with my 'nothing spectacular' New York Fashion Week stance. The Marc by Marc Jacobs collection has, however, just caught my eye. Nothing mindblowing, but certainly leaves me with some ideas to apply to my own wardrobe. The striped jumper and leggings combo in particular. With Style.com's Tim Blanks summing it up the perfect nod to 'the moment when stylish boys and girls were picking up Iron Curtain army surplus after the Wall came down', the Berlin art student as muse springs to mind. With droopy jumpers, fur lined parkas and all in one rompers (human equivalent of draught excluder, methinks?) the collection is refreshingly thoughtful when it comes to the sensibilites of winter dressing. And with the Mother of harsh Winters just coming to an end, I say 'clap, clap, clap' to that.

8 comments:

Hannah said...

loved this also because it would actually be easy to emulate, but isn't boring at all.

edith said...

That lace frock at the bottom is absolutely lovely!

Brooklynfluff said...

That lace dress is vry Philip Lim

louise said...

Agreed on the "nothing spectacular" thought it was just me who has found nothing mind blowing yet. I have high hopes now for London.

marie said...

Constance's look is adorable...her hat is goofy but still so cute! I need to check this collection out! <3

Anonymous said...

i love the lace dress!

All Women Stalker said...

I love his collection, too. Definitely in love with the gray dresses.

Gio Goi Jacket said...

Love the outfits here!!