Tuesday, February 16, 2010

there's a brand new dance but I don't know it's name

picture, childhood flames

I know, I know, as a blogger it should really be me telling you what I think about Fashion Week, but the truth is, I've had little time to keep up with the goings on over in New York and what I have managed to see hasn't quickened my heartbeat or had me scheming ways of affording pieces from the runway, it's all just looked dare I say it, the same (fur, check. well cut trousers, check.).


But hopefully you can prove me wrong (let's blame it on my mind being elsewhere; I finally booked the flights for my 6 week trip around America last night!) and tell me which designers have whet your AW10 appetite. I'm holding out for Proenza Schouler!

13 comments:

Hannah said...

I want Proenza too! Have you checked out the Karen Walker show? I thought that was pretty amazing.

Brooklynfluff said...

Thakoon is my #1 so far. Sadly Wang was a let-down. Rebecca Taylor was a secret stand-out, definitely have a look when you get the chance.

AlixRose said...

I agree it has been along the same lines but I did like the BCBG Max Azaria collection, as well as Vena Cava - I havent had a lot of time to check them all out yet though!

Marina said...

what cool stuff!!
I love your blog...

please visit !!
http://malibuananas.blogspot.com/

xoxo

Tala said...

no way ! that is so exciting. please let me know if you are going to be in la, i would love to profile you for fashionable earth xo

emily said...

i haven't really had a proper look either but am attracted to the easy-to-wear pieces, predictably drawn by peter jensen. i know what you mean though!

did you get my email by the way?

x

daisy kate said...

I get what you mean sweek. Peter Jensen has done some really great wearable pieces, you can see a few on my blog if you like, and I quite liked some of Alice + Olivias dresses, though a little Motel Rocks in places? Still holding out for that 'ohmygodiwantitall' show though :/ check out my blog if you get a second sweets :) www.dazedyoungmess.blogspot.com

Hello! said...

where are you visiting in the us?

Fashion Tidbits said...

i'm waiting for william rast!

Lillian said...

I've also found all the shows a little ho-hum, although I found Mulberry so wonderful that it has made up for all the dullness.

Cassie said...

Got to be Preen so far xx
www.misspdolly.blogspot.com

All Women Stalker said...

Loved the Beckham, Rodarte, and Marc Jacobs collections :)

Gem said...

Agreed, NYFW has been quite a snooze fest. I liked Peter Jensen the best though. x