Tuesday, August 19, 2008

guess the brit designer..spotted!

7_30_erin_wasson1110

so yesterday was my first day at Topshop HQ.
all is going well so far; I'm working in the online team and just came back from a meeting where we all tucked into macaroons and champagne to celebrate one of the girls getting married. this was not the norm, I was quickly informed!
there are clothes rails everywhere; so many piles of amazing clothes everywhere, you wouldn't believe and so many accessory cupboards, it's as if they're going out of-ahem-fashion. i'm dying to take photos for all of you, but it might be a bit dodgy so would have to get an okay from the boss.
but I had to tell you about my veryvery exciting moment yesterday. Was sitting at my computer, innocently enough gettign on with my work when a top british designer walked past.
with his trademark sidesweep fringe and angular features, it was bizarre to see this man walking by like a "normal person".
..can you guess the designer?*
a few people raised their heads as he passed, but it seemed pretty normal. i guess they've had kate moss wakl past, so you know.. either way, i contained myself and quietly squealed inside.
*click here if you're stuck.. here

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't know who the designer is... but it looks lovely...and i just wanted to say congrats on getting this job at top shop hq... so perfect for you!
:)

Anonymous said...

oooohhh i envy you such a big wardrobe!

q

young-shields said...

oh my gad gareth pugh! i probably would have jumped on him.

this all sounds so exciting. i'm excited and i'm not even there.

y-s x

emsie said...

sounds like you're having a brilliant time. well done for containing yourself! i probably would have stared a bit too much.

The Beauty Mum said...

Ooh Gareth Pugh! Did you act like uber-designers cross your path every day or did you do an open-mouth stare like I would have done?

The Beauty Mum said...

Ooh Gareth Pugh! Did you act like uber-designers cross your path every day or did you do an open-mouth stare like I would have done?

A. said...

oh. my. goodness.

darling - why dont we live closer so every night when you get home we can sit & chat about all your lovely adventures for hours & hours & hours?

sigh.

im so happy to hear youre having such a fantastic time. you, of all people, deserve it!

mwah x

ontheballhall said...

I love to hear these stories! glad to hear the experience has all been so excellent so far...

Style Spot said...

I'm so excited for you and your job at Topshop HQ. And when I first read about you spotting Gareth Pugh, my heart started to beat a little faster. Lucky you!

and I admire you for keeping your cool. If that ever happened to me (but these things never do!), I'd have real problems containing myself..and if I'd met him, I'd probably be wearing my Henry Holland style "Gareth Pugh, I love you" t-shirt which a friend has made for me...and even if I'd manage to act cool, I'd still give myself away!

x

Chantelle said...

you're so lucky!!

Siru said...

I'm so happy for you! Enjoy!

juliet xxx

Anonymous said...

you're a QT!

Lana said...

How cool you saw him! Want to swap lifes with me, hihi!?

Fashion Tidbits said...

totally awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

coolnessness!!!

Anonymous said...

Gareth is lovely isn't he?

emily said...

gareth! did you meet him?!

A Black Tie Event said...

Gareth Pugh! That's so amazing!

Tala said...

very neat!

is this erin wasson's apt??