Wednesday, August 27, 2008

the style files: taghrid


new feature! yes, yes we're all guity of little it-girl lusting and a little celebrity crushing there. but with an influx of bloody marvelous bloggers appearing and upping the style stakes, i thought you too deserve you own spotlight. First up and already upping the anti is the amazing Taghrid.



I am influenced by other people; celebrities and other bloggers. Art, old photography, and nature. I like to be feminine with a little bit of a twist.
My mood is also a big influence on my style.

Sarah Jessica Parker, Debbie Harry, Karl Lagerfeld. I'm going to cheat and ask for Audrey Hepburn and Mary Kate Olsen aswell
..


I am fresh out of college and still on a very small, almost non-existant, budget. so even if I wanted to splurge I wouldn't be able to! My usuals are nordstrom, forever21,
thrift & vintage stores, loehmanns, yoox.com, and american apparel.


amelie, the kite runner, the notebook, enchanted, and across the universe.



I can see myself as either a corporate lawyer working in house at a big fashion house or fashion retailer. My ultimate would be to work for Givenchy or Neiman Marcus.


Yeah, I am in heels about 80% of my waking time, so a lot of people just don't get that.
Within my circle of friends there jokes about how I am a hippie, or walking whitesnake video, or i get the plain old "what the hell are you wearing?".
I humor it and nothing phases me, I don't mind good or bad reviews!



I own a navy blue backless cut out dress that is one of my favorite dresses because it is classy, sexy, and feminine all at once and I feel great in it. I am also attached to my leather skirts.


Eclectic Girly.



Zipper front boots, velvet anything, leather pants, lacey tights and stockings, and big shaggy ann demeulemeester style jackets.



scars on broadway, the gossip girl soundtrack, and my must have beatles/beach boy mix.



wake up, walk on the beach, have a cup of tea, then spend the rest of the day immersing myself in shopping, reading magazines, watching old movies, and hanging out with the boyfriend.


White tigers are insanely beautiful...including their tails!


like taghrid's wears? see more..

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm a huge fan of her site and it was really fun getting to read this interview!

Mimi said...

She's stunning and I love her style.
today i did a post about the fashion blogger elite of course she is featured too :D
lovely interview.

S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said...

Cool interview! She is indeed an awesome fashion blogger :)

Siru said...

Oh, she is really pretty and her clothes are to die for.

juliet xxx

Anonymous said...

oo love the new feature, idk why I've never heard of her either hmm, because she certainly has a funky sense of style, very colorful and the interview really tells me we're on somewhat of the same wave length (across the universe, amelie...)

emsie said...

This is a brilliant new feature - I love this girl's style, especially the first outfit. Really like the interview.

A La Femme said...

Really great feature, she has really great style!!

Andrea Martínez Maugard said...

I still love Irina too! And the style of this blogger is great, she really mixes a lot of things together in a good way

the desert foxx said...

she is great.
and not to mention, you'r blog too.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Love the new feature. She's definitly a too-cool girl. I love the way she dresses. Really great interview questions too, yours are fresh!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the interview !! Love Taghrid style ... feminine, trendy and very fresh !!

ashleigh said...

i love reading this girls blog.

http://www.love-ashleigh.blogspot.com

Ella Gregory said...

Great taste in films, Enchanted is so good! But then you know I love Mc Dreamy and his sad eyes.

I love how you have laid out this interview. I always love your layouts.

Kat said...

Oooh cool, haven't read this blog before but she cites debbie harry as a style icon so im gonna have a look. Great questions btw and i agree with coco, great layout, love the way the questions are like handwriting.

simimoon said...

xoxoxoxox
this was fun!

Anonymous said...

i love her!

Anonymous said...

love it love it love it!

zoe aka drinkupthefashion said...

i love her style, and her interview was fun to read :).
the only thing that gets me is that she works so much that she doesn't get to return comments! taghrid--you need to take a vacay so you don't burn yourself out :)