Thursday, November 20, 2008

kate and johnny

[tukyuk.bmp]
and the adidas trainers that she loved so.
more sharing of the 90s Kate love.

i'll take her glasses, and his boots.

ps, at the risk of sounding all "look at me!" lisa corneliusson over at swedish site LLC just posted a little interview feature that I took part in, and it's pretty cooll y'all. lovely to be amongst such a bunch of great bloggers, with the knight cat, tommy of jak and jil, and am-lul also featured..

the english translation is a bit shaky (click below) so here are a few of the answers I gave in "good. proper. correct. english"!



You are drawn to characters in films and books - tell us about a favorite!
Fictional characters are one of my top sources of inspiration, so it's hard to choose! Women who are independent, a little crazy and oddly stylish usually hit the spot. So Marla Singer from Fight Club for her grubby old prom dresses, Natalie Finch from Running with Scissors for her spontinaety, Sloane Peterson from Ferris Bueller's Day Off for her fringe jacket and nonchalence. And Margot Tenenbaum because she chopped off her finger and deems it something to boast about.

Tell us about yourself and how you came about to start Discotheque Confusion.
I started Discotheque Confusion two years ago when I had been toying with the idea of creating a fashion zine but the blog seemed a cheaper alternative! I live in England, a couple of hours from London and I'm a few months away from the end of college.I plan to spend the next year saving like a madmad in order to hotfoot it over to New York where I hope to live for a few months and intern within Fashion PR.

Why do we find ourselves being in love with Erin Wasson all of a sudden?
I think that when we are exposed to so many typically "fake" looking women in the world, to see a side of Erin, who has a tomboyish side that is so undeniably sexy is incredibly refreshing and also inspiring. Her style is so simple; a pair of cut off shorts or a thin white tee; it's accessable and the fact that she skateboards just adds to this "badass" factor which I think people who have an interest in fashion find appealing . We love her because so often everything within the fashion world is about perfection. So when Erin rocked up to the CDFA awards with her leg in a cast and crutches and she still killed it, our love for her was confirmed.

16 comments:

Eyeliah said...

Oh Kate I will always love you.

Unknown said...

gaaasp

i WILL fight you for Jon Stewart!! Let's go right now!






jk! :)

Anonymous said...

Classic. Although, I'm trying to figure out WTF is going on with her ankles?

Andrea Martínez Maugard said...

Kate and Johnny, what a timeless couple

molly said...

what a classic couple...

moded'amour said...

love the picture of kate and johnny!

Chloe's Chic Conception said...

Love the photo - love the interview!

Shen-Shen said...

Kate & Johnny may be my favorite celebrity couple after Angelina & Brad.

I have to disagree about Erin Wasson though, she doesn't have much appeal to me!

Anonymous said...

i am extremely jealous that you're close to graduation, i have another 4 years...
anyways, how much would you have to save up to move to new york? because my god, even a dinky, croach infested studio apartment is like more than a grand per month!

Anonymous said...

i love you.
do you kiss boys?

young-shields said...

Oh my goodness that picture is perfection! They were too perfect.

y-s x

Anonymous said...

oo katre and johnny so cute!

btw love your t-shirt below, cute outfit in that previous post

Anna Pope said...

I'll take her glasses and him ;D

Great interview!

jeanie annan-lewin said...

how cute do you look in that article about your blog like all your outfits are you really gonna move to new york ????

Ps i'm so glad i'm not the only one who wants to marry jon s i heart him

kansas said...

aahh!! i posted an old photo of kate and johnny last week on my blog. 90's kate is my fav!

Dominique said...

They were so beautiful together <3