Wednesday, February 13, 2013

moodboard


A few things:

Composition 10 by Sam Falls (see here) which has made me want to dash to an arts supply store and buy paints in the colours of avocado and butternut squash to create something similarly bright. I miss how much time I used to spend drawing and painting and cutting and sticking when I was a teenager and a desire to spend an afternoon doing something with my hands and a paintbrush has really sprung upon me this week.

Another fantastic outfit from Anne Bernecker. The whole patterned trouser/trainer combination really is infallible.

ValĂ©rie Donzelli, director of Declaration of War  with her burnt orange hair, head thrown back, red lippie and white heels. I can take or leave the bag but the shoes-the shoes are putting all kinds of ideas about wearing something snowy coloured on my feet. A proper pair of point-toed white heels, the kind that Carrie Bradshaw or Gwyneth Paltrow would probably have worn all the time with a pair of slightly bootcut jeans back in the day. Trust me on this one, they'll look great with a summer tan and a dress (will the day ever come?)

Rise Early, Be Industrious! I've had this poster on my wall since Olivia Plender's well-named exhibition was at the Arnolfini in Bristol last summer. It sits above my desk to inspire me when I get up in the morning. Like all things permanently stuck to a wall, or the everyday objects in our lives, I've become pretty used to it and don't always really see it. But it's still the philosophy I like to start my days with.

Amanda's painting. Also appealing to that "where are the paintbrushes?" sentiment, this painting by Amanda that I spotted over on her blog. She painted them of friends in Paris, on the metro and on the streets.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm glad you like my paintings! :)

Unknown said...

Love the painting. Well organised and thoughtful blog.

Regards
Anna
http://www.proudandcurvy.co.uk