Sunday, January 14, 2007

"Show Me What You Got Lil Mama!"

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

In November, you may remember, I put up a post (
http://discothequeconfusion.blogspot.com/2006_11_17_discothequeconfusion_archive.html) sharing my disgust at the fact that Zoebot and Party Queen La Lohan had been selected for Miu Miu's Spring 07 campaigns.

I was, and still am surprised that the fashion house opted for someone, who in my opinion really doesn't represent the brand's identity, unlike previous models such as Camilla Belle, Chloe Sevigny and Maggie Gyllenhaal who are all recognised for their quirky styles.

However, I'm willing to (kind of) go back on what I said because one of the first pitures has finally been released (or leaked..) from the campaigns, and I must say I rather like it!

Lindsay has the air of a ventriloquist's doll and the rich tones in the picture are reminisent of the decadent colours used in Miu Miu's winter collection. Her classical glamour look makes a nice change from the unflattering pap shots we're used to seeing of "sober" lohan stumbling out of nigtclubs.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott have done is again!

10 comments:

Sarah said...

cool ads, it doesn't look that much like her. It's a pity thoughthat they picked her, there's way better selection.

-S said...

i hate the new ad. it is just terrible.

camaybraham said...

love that first pic u have. who is that????

Maddy said...

I love the saturated colors paired with an unfocussed lens. I think the ad looks stylishly surreal. And such a tiny waist! I'm willing to forgive and forget if Lindsay gets her act together.

a said...

you can hardly tell it's her!

alluretone said...

when i first saw the ad, it stunned me. lindsey is unrecognizable, thank god they used the red wig!

discotheque confusion said...

I know, it doesn't look at all like her.

The first picture, I found on Cory Kennedy's blog. Seeing as they're "tight n shit" (ahaaa) its obviously one she took of her, and I found it so amazine to see a picture of her that hasn't been airbrushed and styled beyond belief. She looks so calm and natually pretty and I loved that the picture captured that different side of her.

It was still probably taken shortly before a night on the town on e and god knws what else though! haha. shame...

S xx

An (ex) alien in new york said...

who woulda knew? la hohan can look.......sober, nice, sensual, miu miu.

Ella Gregory said...

i think the ad looks great but part of me wishes it wasnt her in it.

Marissa O said...

yeah, her style is not quirky enough. and it looks computer generated.