Friday, November 05, 2010

white



Now, this daily hawking routine I've fallen into is really getting a bit silly. It involves a mid-afternoon slump in which I become distracted from whatever I'm doing and find that scrolling through the Asos White Collection is the only way to alleviate my headfunk. Though this longing causes a conflict as it's tough to justify spending money on clothes at the moment when I'm not working and having to be realistic about the food vs clothes issue. I love Carrie Bradshaw of course but her whole 'sometimes I used to read Vogue instead of eating because I felt it fed me more' spiel really is nonsense as she clearly never fully appreciated the joys to be had of sitting around a table with friends and a huge steaming pot of minestrome/lamb stew/homemade curry or well, eating properly..

Still, the pieces in the new White collection really really are lovely. Think Cos meets Whistles but ever so slightly less pricey. Fisherman jumpers (in a luxe fabric and sensible forest green colour), grey suede penny loafers and numerous well-cut classic tops are all on the menu.

Also on the site are a fetching pair of suede patch leggings. They are £40 but after realising that my old trusty pair of ribbed American Apparel leggings and a cashmere camel jumper is my post-lecture go-to 'vege-out-fit' and that in terms of cost per wear I'm probably now being paid to wear said leggings, the idea of spending that £40 on another pair isn't too painful an idea.

I'm now on the verge of purchasing myself a couple of things on the basis that they'll be my winter buys and the core items to supplement my wardrobe which purely out of neccesity when moving to University is actually quite small and capsule-like. Who knew! After all the 'quality not quantity' closet daydreaming I used to find myself guilty of, I'm now a convert with about 6 or so outfits on rotation.

6 comments:

Fleurette said...

STEVIE! :-) I gave you the "I love your blog" prize on my blog. Hope you'd like to post the entry on your blog and answer the questions :) I'd love to read your answers!

xx Fleurette!

Anonymous said...

you're on my blog roll!
you've got a great blog, keep it up!
and come visit COSMICaroline, it's being revamped with more posts and chic looks!

-COSMICaroline
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

Ella Gregory said...

OOOOH I love that blue maxi and the suede-patch leggings are beautiful. Also your haircut is gorge! I had mine done on Tuesday and it looks no different - wishing I'd have the Stevie crop now....

No said...

ribbed leggings sounds like such a wonderful idea right now but suede patch leggings sounds even better :-)

Ally said...

Haha I so agree, Food >>>> Clothes any day! Now I am hungry for some stew!

I'm so impressed with Asos White. I bought the blue bleached cotton jumper recently and it is just perfect, even better than I was hoping.

Anonymous said...

Yum. To all of it.