Sunday, April 03, 2011

mothers day


Being in a different city means no blinkily making my way downstairs and flicking on the coffee machine for a Mothers Day breakfast but I was at least organised about getting a little parcel in the post for my Mum. I was going to go down the Jamie Oliver magazine/something sweet and decadent tasting route but fell like a bit of a 'feeder' giving people chocolatey things when I know spring is often a time of detox and attempted self restraint before the summer so I went down the white tea and slightly naff but ultimately pleasurable route of a Meryl Streep boxset for inducing (delete of appropriate) blubbing, stomach rumbling (Julie and Julia), guffawing, cringing and general sighs of 'oh meryl' from under a thickly blanketed spot on the sofa.

I like Mothers Day for remembering how cool/interesting/strong headed/ inspiring/kind/clever my Mum is plus this is the last year I can tell people with a twinkle in my eye that she's still not 40 yet. Hope you've all had a nice day with/remembering the important women in your life. This song always makes me think of my Mum..

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Your package looks adorable, I'm sure your Mum loved it!

I'd really appreciate it if you'd vote for me in Westfield London's SS11 style competition! Just follow this link then click like!

Katie said...

I love Up The Junction!

Katie
www.katiescreative.blogspot.com

disneyrollergirl said...

Top tune! I want to hang out with your mum!

Kelly-Ann Maddox said...

:) My mum is a big Squeeze fan too.

Very sweet parcel - you're a good daughter.

Katie said...

love Meryl Streep!! Julie & Julia, It's Complicated, Devil Wears Prada <3

Katie M

SofĂ­a Premat said...

love that picture!

hannah-rose said...

lovely lovely stevie.. your mum's going to adore it. it's funny how mothers day is different around the world. our one isn't till may! i've got a little while to think about what to get mine.. :)

i've found this new blog and i think you'd like it.. it's all about fresh flowers and it's so funny and fresh (pun intended haha). aussie girls, natch! i hope you like friend.

http://theflowerdrum.blogspot.com

hope you're very well!

X

Anonymous said...

Nice with the Meryl, my lazy ass managed a card with a genuinely thoughtful message (I'm too sarcastic for latent enthusiasm). I mentioned in passing I'd get her a present and she insisted she didn't need/want one. Gah, mother issues. Anyway, in case I haven't previously mentioned, love your posts foreverrrr!

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely package! I'm lucky my mom was visiting me in NYC last weekend for Mother's Day so I was able to spend quality time with her. Actually she was in the city last year as well - I took her to the see the Harlem Gospel Choir. So cheesy...