Monday, July 11, 2011

on blonde II


After the blonde craving, I bit the bullet and went to the hairdressers. Not quite as blonde as I'd been hoping for, but I still like the change. My stomach slightly dropped when the hairdresser concluded with a blow dry and the words 'I just thought we'd keep it quite subtle for now in case you didn't like it and then we can go even blonder next time.' Indeed. Lovely if I'd planned on coming in again for another colour but the £70 I'm about to give you is pretty much my annual dyeing fund, and this is a one time thing, gat it? Still, tomorrow I leave for a month interrailing around Europe and I'm hoping the Italian heat can coax some barbie hues from my follicles.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great! :)
By the way, I love your shirt and the mirror in your room ;)

kisses!

Ringo, have a banana! said...

I actually think it looks perfect, I LOVE that kind of golden, caramel color. And, best of all, it looks totally natural. I'll bet you some sun time brings out just enough highlights that you'll love it.

Ringo, have a banana! said...

(Although, I would have been effing PISSED if a hairdresser pulled that on me. SO not pro, good god.)

Anonymous said...

of course your locks will get at least a bit lighter in the sun, and so they'll look even cooler than if you dyed them any lighter than this. anyway, even now you look absolutely great, love your new hair color. have a great travel!

Cassie said...

It might not be as blonde as you would've liked, but it's a lovely shade. I'm currently chasing caramel tones a la Abbey Lee Kershaw before she went blonde. It's proving.....impossible.

www.dressingmissdolly.co.uk

F.I.G said...

Full on blonde might has washed you out but this colour is fab and will definitely lighten in the sun!

If you're going travelling will we be without your posts for a month!?!

Isabel said...

This looks suits you completely, and it makes you look so summery! Good call, Stevie.

Unknown said...

it's a great color, has a pretty hint of cinnamon. Happy, safe travels!

http://www.designers-artists.com

AlixRose said...

Way to bite the bullet. I hate it when hair dressers do that to you. But it looks great.

Ally said...

I hate when hairdressers don't listen, but on the plus side it looks really lovely! Have a wonderful trip! Can't wait to see some photos when you return