Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Go Anti Valentine and Grab an Elephant trunk, too

As I never conform by creating New Years Resolutions, this year continuing to be spontaneous was a resolution that I created for myself.

Well, tonight I popped down the road to the local arts centre-come-bar/restaurant and sat myself down with a group of lovely folk to watch back to back 8 international short films, and I must say I had a very lovely evening. The films are kind of anti-valentine themed because, well, incest isn't very romantic is it? (!) but the mix of dark and candycoated films really worked well, and the homemade mishmash of cupcakes as refreshments didn't hurt either.
The films are touring the UK throughout February, so be sure to grab a friend or indeed other half and see what you think.
one of the films shown..
circus troupes, elephants trunks, jewish immigrants, woodland nymphs, creased satin knickers.. if any of this taketh your fancy, I suggest dedicating a few minutes of your day to lose yourself in Zach Condon's perfect old world.

Beirut-Elephant Gun directed by Alma Har'el

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo i'm quite jealous, sounds like a great evening!

love beirut :)

Mash said...

sounds great :) when are you gonna post the little debate about the cities ????

Caro said...

want mustard tights now!

Héloïse J. said...

i <3 beirut. my fav currently is postcards from italy +the whole atmosphere emerging from these sounds..
*i'm definitely going to go anti-v somehow!!

Anonymous said...

Oh i would love some mustard tights now as well!

Fabulous blog, I am a brand new fan and sure i will be back more then often.

Going to link your blog to mine to share your brilliance with others :D

riz said...

that sounds fabulous and relaxing. much better than the dreadful screenings i have to go to!

WendyB said...

So...you basically planned to be more spontaneous? :-P

Romany said...

LOL at the "incest isn't very romantic is it?" remark! I seriously laughed at that.
That does sound like a rather fun evening. I don't particularly enjoy Valentine's Day either. Omg, it's tomorrow isn't it?? Oh well...
Romany
xx

Aisha said...

Seems like you had fun and yeah, incest isn't romantic... at all =P (you made me laugh on that).

bigglassesgirl said...

That sounds like a lovely evening, just my cup of tea.

Lauren said...

i LOVE beirut! and that video and that song! i love the oddness of that video yet it makes sense - definetly eye candy :)

Jennifer said...

that video was perfect. thank you!