Saturday, February 09, 2008

When In Stockholm

Size Matters

The skinny jean backlash is well under way and I'm craving a bit of baggy comfort. But who said that a bit of fabric is unsexy? Wear your oversize trousers with a skimpy little vest top and heels.


Fabrication

In the pre-spring months when the weather is at it's most unpredictable, layers are a necessity. But looking like Mary Kate Olsen circa 2005 need'nt be part of the equation. Take cues from the Stockholm girls by sticking to an aesthetically pleasing dark colour palette with unusual fabrics like angora thrown into the mix to keep things lively.

pics: facehunter

13 comments:

NonchalantMod said...

a bit of fabric is totally not unsexy f you know what I mean, if only you balance the look with a skimpy vest top as you say, everything is alright and I love wearing baggy stuff.!:)

Unknown said...

they make it look so easy! :S

Héloïse J. said...

swedish girls have a rocking sense of style. i <3 <3 <3 it.

ashley heaton said...

love the last three looks, very cool.

ps i finally got a links list together...not allowed to link from my fashion site (blog.pricegrabber.com/chicshopper) but i linked you at my personal journal (http://lilrock-n-roll.livejournal.com/profile)
:)

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I want to go to Stockholm! Though I hear you get deported if you don't know how to dress...

A. said...

stockholm street style!!

ahh you know its my favourite.

utter perfection.

Alya said...

Oh, dear the baggy light denim/jeans in the top picture is scary. None for me thanks.

But I do love the mixing of layers and fabrics in the bottom pic.

Bojana said...

Ooh Stockholm girls are so hot.

But BOYS even more
http://stockholmstreetstyle.feber.se/feber/art/40001/lucas/

Great post!

riz said...

i have yet to venture out on the Stockholm girls baggy pants thing =)

Michelle said...

Quite feeling the baggy jeans as they look both comfy and don't give a damn arty at the same time.

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sleepyhead said...

i'm too scared of pants to even begin wearing ones with a slightly baggy fit!

lara said...

the swedsh people have such a great sense of style!! I love it :) but on me these baggy pants would lokk like crap :(