Saturday, February 26, 2011

ringpull


Beyond wearing a ring or two everyday, I'm not a huge jewelry person. This necklace was a present from my Mum a few birthdays back-I wanted a simple gold chain rather than a necklace as I knew I'd probably be fickle and change my mind and this way I can change the charm every few months or so whenever I fancy something different. In true fickle form I haven't worn it for the last year or so while I went off necklaces. But today it's come back out. At the moment it has one of those spinning 'I Love You' Marc Jacobs pendants from the Bleeker St store in New York and I've just added a little ringpull which I found on the floor of my bedroom. I feel like Simone Rocha or one of Lulu Kennedy's Fashion East crew produced a simple ringpull necklace on a chain but I can't for the life of me remember who it was? Either way they were lovely and probably the reason at the back of my head that I threaded a ringpull onto my own chain. It's also a cheap way of adding a bit of interest to a slummy saturday afternoon outfit, not bad, not bad..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simone Rocha has a silver one! X

Eloise said...

Does that little turny bit not catch on your clothes?

Anonymous said...

you look so beautiful. nice idea

Chuck said...

Aww, I really want a spinner - so cute. I have a ringpull necklace too, it was an important ringpull but I can't remember why anymore...

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Maybe you might like the ringpull bags and accessories made by Escama Studio (www.escamastudio.com)?
I like how they've helped Brazilian women earn a living from their craft too.
I own an Escama bracelet and have man-handled their bags - the finish is amazing. Will definitely not catch on your clothes. xx

Anonymous said...

Dude, this is so casually awesome. It reminds me of those ring pull bracelets I always wanted from Camden Market, which, along with zipper bracelets and bottle cap necklaces I never, ever received. Gutted.