Friday, May 13, 2011

hot and cool!


Hurrah! After a couple of days of stalking my postbox my issue of Hot and Cool has arrived! I've been extra excited to see the results of Alice Goddard's (along with her friends Letty, Louise and Theo) hard grafting as I wrote the 'In Praise of Dressing Down' article. Really love Hot and Cool's liberal use of low-tech Word font templates and the editorials are perfect- think Teva sandals, girls sitting on sofas and tying up their laces. It's printed in black and white and rather Corrine Day meets Alisdair McLellan. You can see pictures here. Apparently it's been selling out like hotcakes but it's still available for £4 at B Store, Clare de Rouen, Wardour News and Rococco News in London.  For my fellow non-Londoners, you can thankfully buy it online. The amount of hard work Alice and her friends put into the 2nd issue is insane and makes me wonder why I didn't put my gap year to such creative use..


Outfit wise: Margaret Howell caridigan (I dread the day my Mum asks for this back..) with second hand crochet hemmed shorts, new balance 420, 17 lipstick in 'hot chilli', and a small plait in an attempt to counteract the dreaded process of growing out a fringe.

5 comments:

Beth said...

I just started attempting to grow out my fringe. I always say that though and just end up getting really frustrated and taking the kitchen scissors to it. I tried two little plaits the other day, and for some reason was really shocked when I didn't look like Kate Moss in The Face... x

Hot & Cool said...

You can now order Hot & Cool Issue 2 online here

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your article in HOt and Cool. It was very insightful whilst steering clear of pretension. Plus I totally agree about orthopedic clogs, definitely pro function and form.

Eva said...

I've been away from blogspot blogging for quite a while and now that I'm back I'm glad to see you're still blogging after so many years and you've actually published an article in a magazine!! Goes to show if you really want something you can achieve it! ^.^

Ally said...

I picked this up the other day and it is really great! Your article was very inspiring.

And those shorts + cardi combo are very very cute. I would be sad to have to give back the cardi too! Mum's always have the best stuff