Monday, May 23, 2011

mood

apartment envy via carlota santamaria / natalia vodianova / bill withers / camouflage tee shirt / wonderful orange nail, white wedge combination via this girl at hoy fashion / same apartment as 1st source.

PHEW life is tedious at the moment. the last week has been spent mostly in the library with just as much yo-yo-ing between successful outfits and loss of mojo as between my desk and the vegetarian cafe for cake and coffee refuelling. cooking a big ole lebanese feast last night and watching the 'still bill' bill withers documentary tonight have provided some respite though. also on my mind (as someone who is always late on the uptake with current music) is the 'new' beyonce song which in a climate of slutwalks and multiple rape gaffs feels like a much needed girl power filled comeback anthem and is on repeat. the (unlikely) fantasy of teaching myself some beyonce choreography (like this) for a big end of exams dance-off release is lingering at the back of my brain, just behind the memorised facts about reaganomics and the new deal agencies. really can't wait to have studying over and to reimmerse myself into wearing outfits that don't need to be dictated by library comfort and aisle side fashion parades as i'm quickly learning that study periods at university equate to the 'real life' equivalent of fashion week.

12 comments:

Jess Heath MUFX said...

...and now I have apartment envy! ;)

Lily said...

Last week I told my friends how into camo I am as of late. Obviously all I received were grossed out scoffs. "But it's like half A.P.C. and half cool kid about town," I said... So in other words, I appreciate that you included that t-shirt. Found a camo fisherman's hat that I think I'm gonna buy!

Kirstie said...

The shorts are indeed vintage purchased from Beyond Retro in Soho, I shortened the hem on mine. They had lots of similar styles though.

You've got me suffering from apartment envy too, although living in halls results in any kind of home envy. Good luck with the studying, and when over may you celebrate with some perfected Beyonce moves!

Unknown said...

that Beyonce video sure does make you wana dance! :) xx

Wild Goose Chase said...

You write with such a lovely prose, it's so interesting to read :) you make everything into a gorgeous story, not to mention that adorable collection of images! Swoon!

Please take a peek at my blog fellow readers, and follow me if you like it, thankyou!

http://www.thiswildgoosechase.blogspot.com

Laura. said...

you can do it power through!

also LOVE beyonce we need another female anthem for sure!

kirsty said...

the vegetarian cafe!! spend many a lunchtime in there during my final year at manchester uni. glad to see it's still going.

IƱaki said...

Oh, to have a relatively messy studio to be creative in...

x

Kellie said...

Can I crawl into that first picture and live there forever?

hannah-rose said...

I love that apartment! messy and lived in.. and the plants are cool too - but i'm killing plants at the moment, I'm not sure how I'm doing it but I am!

also i hope you're well!

also stevie dance has left russh!!

also good luck for exams! haha.

X

MF said...

nice photos. i like the apartment. i also want a polka dot dress in the last post and i like your yellow rain coat!

i just came across your blog i think its very cool. i hope you will come visit mine and maybe we can follow eacother!

www.wotsworthwhile.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I'd LOVE to live in an apartment that looks like this one on the first picture!



http://lmdiary.blogspot.com/