Saturday, May 28, 2011

mood


clockwise from top middle: ponyskin coat, kasia struss in the prada lookbook fw10, cross-body bag (eleanore from ytligheter), koss portapro headphones, two-tone orange handbag from zara, lovely sunglasses via hardcore unicorn, pleated school skirt.

things on my mind: 
blonde, blonde hair a la kasia struss. a combination of impending summer and itchy feet has left me craving a big change and dying my hair blonde. I'd really love to have the same caramel colour as when I was younger, before my eyebrows darkened and became two large giveaway barriers.

techy headphones. I noticed a girl wearing these headphones on the bus the other morning and she looked so chilled and in her own world as she looked out of the window that she reminded me of Scarlett Johansson in Lost in Translation. I quickly asked her the brand name and she told me 'Koss Portapro'. 

cross-body bags. (not to be confused with body bags..rather less morbid) remember back in 2006 when the way you wore your it-bag was just as crucial as the bag itself? the 'resting in the crook of your elbow' model carry look became the order of the day but I much prefer the unfussy 'cross-body' way-leaves your hands free and arms un-achey. see the supercool eleanore from ytligheter. also jen brill. and alexa chung.

9 comments:

Ally said...

Definitely feeling you on the blonde blonde hair. I had mine dyed quite a bit lighter a few weeks ago. Although the hairdresser went a little nuts with the cut so I'm impatiently waiting for the 'lady in her 50s trying to look hip and rock n' roll' cut she gave me to grow out so I can get it cut into the cute bob I originally asked for (by someone else who listens to me). But despite all the trauma she caused, if nothing else at least the colour is good. And she gave me an excuse to buy lots of cute hairclips.

Also I LOVE school girl style pleated skirts and have a beloved Agnes B one I bought on ebay last year that is on high rotation.

Finally, Kat George is the best. She even has a law degree! Plus she loves Beyonce. Enough said.

blue roses said...

my hair was quite a bit lighter when i was young... a natural bleach blonde in the summer. office life has forced me to bid that hue adieu... for shame.

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Pés de Bailarina said...

I don't like orange at all, but tha handbag is really cute. =)

http://pes-de-bailarina.blogspot.com

A Refinaria said...

go for the blond!! we should try everything at least once :)

Anonymous said...

I have been wearing a second hand Moschino smiley bag in this cross body way. Sometimes if I'm out and have had a couple of drinks I forget that my bag is attached to me. :S

Anonymous said...

I reckon go for the blonde! I actually rather like the look of bold eyebrows with lighter hair. I have almost black hair and have often thought of lightening it to a mid-brown just so I can show off my dark eyebrows!

Anthea said...

Blond is great for summer! Why not..if you don't like it..you can always dye it back and it will grow!

amy said...

Blonde is good for summer. Blend in with the star light dripping from the sun's glow ^.^


hope to hear from you*!
www.amyflyingakite.com

Leather jacket said...

if you are dying your hair keep the roots darker. that would look better.