Wednesday, May 11, 2011

may 11th


Apologies for the absense! The internet in my halls of residence has been kaput for the last week and I've been spending lots of time in the library (quite a rarity) with exams just around the corner and the conditional incentive of a semester studying abroad in Massachussetts as a kick up the arse to do well.

After a bit of an eBay spree recently my Hilfiger jumper has arrived, as well as a rather 90s brown halterneck dress (a word combination which produces a bit of a baffled 'oh?' face amongst my friends) that I'm considering as an option for our end of year Ball this weekend. Re the Hilfiger jumper, it does feel sort of lame to be wearing it when I study American studies. Bet you wouldn't find Physics equivalents with SCIENCE written across their top and a really really enthusiastic grin paired with a double thumbs up. I thought not..

Also this weekend I spent far too much time and money at new port of call WH Lung (which incidentally would be the perfect name for a Chinese WH Smith equivalent?) with the intention of buying my best friend a birthday present and then leaving with lots of seaweed, white rabbits, lychee juice and miso paste for myself. 

In other news this week: 1. Tonight I made myself a delicious dinner of udon noodles, spring greens, seaweed, in a miso and soy soup. scoff scoff. 2. My friend Joe has been asking people whether they have extention leads so that he can sit next to a reoccuring cute girl in the library and still be able to plug his laptop into a socket. See! The romantic potential of the library!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's sooo sweet! I'd love to meet this guy, he sounds real cute xo

Chuck said...

Thank god fit finder died a death (I think). Actual human connection! Also, is that jasmine tea? I think I have the same one - yum.

young-shields said...

Romance in the library reaches new levels at my college, where people live in the library...we have a resident smoochy couple who, like, SNOG loudly in front of everyone and, like, LEAVE for an hour then come back with swapped clothes.

And one of them looks like an assassin. For me, (library) romance is dead.

In other, lighter news, great jumper! Jel. x

Unknown said...

I actually realllly miss time spent in the library at univeristy during exam times... the romantic potential is really quite something... ahhhh. xxx

Anna said...

library eye love!! sweet and important. i am in a library haze too. extension leads are a total lifesaver in these dire times where you are buggered if you aren't there for 9. he should come to leeds, they have them everywhere in the library here for just such fun and folly! xxxxxxxx

Samantha said...

i feel l might be missing out on romatic potential whilst falling asleep on my notes...

hannah-rose said...

i like the sound of that udon noodle dinner. and i love the look of that jumper. and at sydney uni some people go to the 9th floor to mack... except that the 9th floor is where all the american studies stuff is so i constantly have to shield my eyes from touchy feeliness.. urhghghghg.

X

Unknown said...

nice blog! I like it!
if you want follow me on blogger I will do the same!
http://freakyfriday-sabrina.blogspot.com