Thursday, November 12, 2009

jeffrey monteiro fall 2009

[jeffrey+monteiro.jpg][jeffrey+monteiro+fall+2009.jpg][FA09_26.jpg][jeffrey+monteiro+fall+09.jpg]
[FA09_11.jpg][FA09_02.jpg][FA09_01.jpg]
Coming across a lookbook showcasing outfits that have been constructed from the most simple pieces can be a bit of a kick in the stomach. But in a pleasing, 'oh, why am I making life so difficult for myself?' kind of way. You see, I've been very uninspired by my own wardrobe of late, it's what a week in Scotland (where your most important concern is staying warm) does for you. But I think it's the case with any change of season that you need a little time to reaquaint yourself with the new outfit aquirements, for burning wind and relentless rain will mean the failsafe options you can to rely on over the summer will no longer do.

Jeffrey Monteiro's Fall 2009 lookbook is, in my eyes, the perfect example of autumn dressing; all very simple without being drab and with scope for layering that won't add instant frump factor. I like to think that peg leg trousers + laced boots + knitted jumpers = the new climate appropriate formula and long winding scarves and sturdy coats may be added where appropriate.

Similarly, the idea of pairing pieces of the same colour, take that red cardigan and daydress ensemble, has given me a lightbulb moment. I never found that phrase 'colour blocking' to be very appetising, but when you give it a second chance and opt for subtle tones rather than primary colours designed to 'pop', I think it makes a rather lovely winter wardrobe favourite.


9 comments:

Peanut Leigh said...

love all of these!


www.maisondepeanutleigh.com
{uninhibited fashion}

An (ex) alien in new york said...

Looks good!

An (ex) alien in new york said...

Looks good!

Arushi Khosla said...

So chic.

KP said...

great pieces but I'm esp loving the boots xo

young-shields said...

loooooooooooovely. i like the red belt in middle of all black. and the tights (long socks) under cropped tapered trews..cosy!

haha your comment made me laugh. i had a similar argument with myself whilst making the post. and i love your tights in the edinburgh photos. is that the ysl manifesto tote peeking out i see? i was sent that!

claire x

Anonymous said...

OMG!

Francy said...

Love it! I have been so into simplicity lately. I have been reading your blog for awhile now, and you always have such inspiring posts!

Disneyrollergirl.net said...

Hear, hear, lovely stuff!