Monday, November 30, 2009

current staple

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PYqHLh0dSJ4/SxMc32GuR2I/AAAAAAAAFCE/mi_Nd-awk70/s1600/DSCF7649%282%29.jpghttp://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PYqHLh0dSJ4/SxMc3i2jheI/AAAAAAAAFB8/eE24pz4JtCw/s1600/DSCF7663.JPGhttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PYqHLh0dSJ4/SxMc4fNCFSI/AAAAAAAAFCM/0rfoBygs52o/s1600/DSCF7678.JPG

that this blog isn't more outfit post rich is something that niggles at the back of my mind. and seeing as over the past few days I've been getting such a lot of enjoyment out of new items in my wardrobe, it made sense to share. armed with my stepdad's camera (cheers andy) I spent this evening playing dress up and listening to echoes by pink floyd, that is until combined with the eery howling of wind outside it sent shivers down my spine. and I switched to human league.

this outfit is a bit of a staple at the moment. the shoes and jumper, I picked up yesterday as part of my 'uniform' (ah, the perks of working at Topshop) and the little brown skirt, as mentioned yesterday was from a charity shop. and to anybody in search of a lovely pair of brogues, I cannot recommend these enough, they're perfectly sturdy and simple, and all in all a bit of a health hazard (as you walk, you'll be looking at your feet instead of keeping an eye out for lampposts..)

23 comments:

Annie said...

love the jumper! working at topshop seems like a little piece of heaven. and... is the back of your door a chalkboard? that's rad.

Isabel said...

Hey, just letting you know that the tinyurl link for 'brogues' is broken!

Anonymous said...

love the wide stripes!

dw said...

i love it!...it has a very jenny from "an education" feel but not too literal. i think it's the brogues ... which i was this close to buying the other day. you may have put me over the edge, oh my budget!

miss milki said...

Love the jumper! I think I would find working in Topshop incredibly tempting! :)

discotheque confusion said...

Thanks for the heads up Isabel, it's now fixed!

and yess, Annie I painted my door with chalkboard paint on both sides. I recommend it highly; if you're anything like me it's a great alternative to having a million sheets of paper (to do lists and general notes of inspiration/blog urls) littering your room!

jessica said...

awesommmmmme.
ps i LOVE your ysl (is it for real?!) ring :)

A. said...

ooh, lovey! these are adorable. i love the shape of the jumper over the skirt.

& yay for getting your clothing mojo back. ie. the actual clothes not the inspiration.

you look marvy! + please make sure you borrow andy's cam more often, yeah?

xxx

Anonymous said...

oh, that ring!!!!!

Pauli said...

you look nice! xoxo

young-shields said...

tink that my friend bought those brogues t'other day

nicea nice, i always worry a bit about my blog being outfit post-lacking, as people seem to like such things. ho hum...problem is now one of my teachers has found my blog and thinks i'm a bit silly, so perhaps prancing around in front of a camera will not please her too much...

hope you're good, i'm so jealous of your charity shops shows by the way... long live the chazza shop!

claire xx

Siru said...

Your door is genious! The looks suits your style so well! I think we have about the same style idols (alexa etc.) but you achieve the spirit so much better than I do!

juliet xxx

LOVE AESTHETICS said...

lovely! specially your poses :)

HELI said...

i love the stripe sweater i love stripes prep.

Fashion Tidbits said...

i <3 your ring!

Zara said...

I want a chalkboard door too! I'm looking for a pair of brogues, those ones that you have in brown are basically what i'm looking for when i have the funds! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Cute photos. And omg I am so keen to get a pair of brogues! I really really want them but can't find them anywhere!

su said...

nice outfit! I love the jumper.

Romany said...

The ring is also cute. Oh lucky, working at TopShop. Met any famous customers? ;)
Romany
xx

Mens casual jackets said...

What a fabulous top! I've been on the look out for something like this! Nice work!

Gem said...

I love that jumper! It was on my list of potential uniform picks (I, too, work at Topshop!) but it didn't look quite right, so I picked a Christopher Kane dress instead! Looks fab on you though xx

Anonymous said...

what color is on your nails?

selina said...

you're changing my mind about brows, that skirt is very cute. can't wait to chairty shop again soon

p.s. i saw a comment above about chalk board paint, how cool!